Sparrow Health System
General Purpose of Job:
Under general direction, assesses, plans, implements, and evaluates psychiatric patient care in conjunction with an interdisciplinary patient care team or as an individual outpatient therapist.
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Associates may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
- Establishes rapport with patient to obtain intake information. Forms diagnostic impressions for mental, emotional, and substance abuse disorders according to DSM-IV criteria.
- In conjunction with patient, generates treatment plan designed to meet assessed therapeutic needs.
- Conducts individual, family, or group therapy using therapeutic interventions appropriate to levels of functioning, diagnosis, treatment plan and motivation.
- Refers patient to appropriate hospital or community resources as necessary.
- Maintains records as required by department standards.
- Provides consultative and/or educational services as requested to other hospital departments or outside agencies as appropriate.
|General Requirements||Current LMSW licensure by State of Michigan or Licensed Professional Counselor - Independent Practice Level.|
|Work Experience||Knowledge of Michigan's Mental Health Code.|
|Education||Minimum of a Master's Degree in social work|
|Specialized Knowledge and Skills||Demonstrated skill in diagnosing psychopathology. Demonstrated skill in providing individual, group, and family therapy.|
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Employment/Position Type:Full Time
Share On :